Joseph E. Ruder II, DDS
Meet Dr. Ruder
Joseph E. Ruder II, D.D.S is the founder of Ruder Hospital Dentistry, P.C. which caters primarily to Medicaid patients who are unable to have their dental treatment performed in a regular dental office setting. These patients have their dental procedures performed under general anesthesia with no out of pocket cost.
Dr. Ruder earned his bachelors degree from the University of Mississippi in 1991. He then graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Summa Cum Laude (highest honors) (class rank 2 of 74) receiving a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree in 1996. After obtaining his dental degree, Dr. Ruder was accepted to the prestigious Emory University Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Program, which he completed in 1997.
Dr. Ruder moved to Memphis, TN in 1997 where he became a partner in one of the most successful practices in Memphis. He and his partner built and equipped a state of the art dental facility in 1998. In addition to their practice continuing to grow and prosper over the next 15 years, they opened a second office in Somerville, TN. Dr. Ruder managed over 20 employees in addition to mentoring and training 5 associate dentists. During that time, Dr. Ruder provided high quality complex surgical and restorative dental procedures including cosmetic dentistry, wisdom teeth removal, root canal therapy, dental implant placement and restoration.
In 2009 Dr. Ruder was recruited by a franchise-based dental company to assist them in opening a practice in Oxford, MS. While maintaining his practices in Tennessee, Dr. Ruder opened and grew this franchise-based dental office to a well-established practice that is flourishing today.
In 2014 Dr. Ruder sold his interest in his Tennessee practices and founded Ruder Hospital Dentistry, P.C. to focus solely on hospital based dentistry thus providing high quality dentistry to the underserved of north Mississippi.
Dr. Ruder has the joy of working side by side with the love of his life, his wife Courtney. He has three sons and one precious grandson. Dr. Ruder is an avid runner, but his true passion is serving others and spending time with his family.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND AWARDS:
- American Dental Association
- Memphis Dental Society
- Mississippi Dental Association
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- Margaret and Richard Dean Odontological Society
- Dental Implant Aesthetic Center Study Club
- Certificate of Merit Award for Graduating with Highest Honors
- Cecily W. Tipton Memorial Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Award
- Bronze Award for Dedication to Implant Dentistry
- Bartlett Express Best Dentist Award
- America’s Top Dentist Award
- Completed over 400 Continuing Education hours
- Successfully completed eleven full 26.2 mile marathons
- Runs the St. Jude Half Marathon every year as a “Hero”
“I founded Ruder Hospital Dentistry, P.C. in 2014 to provide patients with uncompromised care in an unparalleled setting. Our growth over the intervening years is due to the continued support of our referring dentists and the commitment that every member of our team has made to meeting that high standard with every patient we are privileged to serve.”
-Joseph E. Ruder II, DDS